Bimba's Position Feedback Non-Contact cylinders use a magnetostrictive sensor. The sensor tip, fixed inside the cylinder, senses position as a magnet mounted to the piston moves back and forth across the sensor tip's length. This provides many important advantages that make this cylinder the preferred solution for closed-loop pneumatic positioning applications.
- Bore sizes: 1-1/16", 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3"
- Standard stroke lengths up to 9"
- Low friction seals on the piston are standard
- Rod wiper included to keep out contaminants
- Rod lock holding forces range from 90 lbs to 700 lbs depending on bore size
- Use Bimba PCS controls for best results
How to Order
Pressure Rating: Cylinder: 150 PSI, Rod Lock: 50 PSI
Temperature Range: 20°F (29°C) to 200° F (95° C)
Buna N Seals: 20°F (29°C) to 200° F (95° C)
Maximum Speed: 10 in./sec.
Signal Input: 10 VDC ± 6 mV
Rated Life of Probe: 1400 miles (10 in./sec. noload)
Excitation Supply Voltage: 24 ± 10% VDC
Rod: Hard chrome plated carbon steel with blackened threads,wrench flats
Body: 304 stainless steel
End Caps: Anodized aluminum alloy