Customer Service Manager
Bimba Manufacturing Company which is a 100% employee-owned company. Bimba Manufacturing Company is a forward-thinking innovator of actuation, fluid power, and motion control technology, headquartered 30 miles south of Chicago, IL. Specializing in providing cutting-edge solutions to engineering challenges, Bimba strives to deliver superior customer satisfaction through outstanding service, quality, and value. An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered, including annual stock grants.
We are looking for a world class Customer Service Manager to join our team. The Customer Service Manager at Bimba Manufacturing provides leadership and direction to our staff of Customer Service and Technical Support Representatives while coordinating excellent service between distributors, customers, field sales and internal departments.
Customer Service & Support
- Manage, develop and motivate a staff of Customer Service and Technical Support Representatives who respond to customer questions, complaints, inquiries and orders for Bimba products and services.
- Communicate overall corporate strategy and motivate the team to achieve company goals.
- Assure that the customer service function is adequately staffed with a well-trained team who convey a positive, informed image to our distributors and customers.
- Assure that all distributor orders and requests are processed efficiently and expeditiously to ensure that the company meets its service excellence goals.
- Develop, interpret and maintain customer service policies and procedures which promote customer relations while covering all necessary details that facilitate the processing of work and requests for information.
- Investigate and resolve difficult and complex problems, non-routine customer complaints. Handle major problems concerning orders, adjustments or exchanges.
- Maintain strong relationships with Sales, Operations and Engineering to ensure customer needs are met and any issues are addressed and communicated.
- Develops training programs and participates in the growth of the department.
Planning & Reporting
- Track, analyze and report monthly statistical trends related to department and individual key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Identify, develop and implement processes and best practices that will promote the achievement of stated KPIs.
- Establish priorities and maintain the flow of work, productivity and scheduling in the department to ensure departmental KPIs are achieved.
- Assure that technological advances regarding communication and Customer Service are investigated and considered.
- Develop and implement strategies and initiatives that facilitate departmental growth and improve the customer experience.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the departmental budget.
- Develop relationships and contacts with key personnel at major distributors and customers to help with an assessment of the achievement of service excellence goals.
- Responsible for personnel record keeping, timesheets, performance evaluations and consistent application of company policies.
- Ensure that departmental procedures meet corporate ISO requirements and quality objectives.
- Projects and duties as assigned.
- Business degree with technical experience or Engineering degree with management experience.
- 8 or more years of customer service experience in a manufacturing field.
- Three to five years of experience as a Customer Service Manager or Supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving skills to diffuse difficult customer situations along with projecting a positive cooperative attitude aimed at gaining customer confidence.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and manage projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in a call center environment a plus.