MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world. Bimba is headquartered 30 miles south of Chicago, IL. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
We are looking for a world class MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II to join our team in University Park, IL. The Manufacturing Engineer II provides project leadership for new product introductions, product enhancements and capital expenditures. The position will develop and implement tooling designs that will support all areas of production (machining and assembly) to perform consistently and efficiently. The Manufacturing Engineer will work cooperatively with employees in all areas of the company to achieve customer satisfaction while meeting corporate objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial).
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a manufacturing engineer.
- Effective communication skills and ability to manage communications with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of complex technical instructions in mathematical or illustrative form and work with information that is both abstract and variable.
- Working knowledge of metal cutting, forming processes and CNC control.
- Familiarity with SQC methods and concepts.
- Experience in handling projects through all phases.
- Experience in machine design and machine control systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, 3D CAD and solid Modeling preferred.
- Oracle EBS/AGILE experience preferred.
- Ability to write control logic programs for PLC’s and CNC controls preferred.
Bimba is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of sex, age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.