Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world. Bimba is headquartered 30 miles south of Chicago, IL. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
We are looking for a world class MACHINIST II to join our team. The Machinist II will follow standardized, pre-determined procedures to set up and operate computer numerical control and conventional work centers to machine a wide variety of standard and special component parts of average complexity which are utilized in the manufacturing of pneumatic cylinders.
The Machinist II will work from inspection cards, work orders, charts, blueprints and verbal instructions to:
- *Works at primary computer numerical work center on a regular basis to meet production-scheduling requirements. May occasionally cross train or work at additional work center (s).
- *Install and adjust various types of tooling in the work centers.
- *Insert computer programs into CNC work centers.
- *Cut, and/or position raw materials into machine center jaws/fixtures.
- *Progress first piece through the initial run analyzing and making standard adjustments to tooling programs and operating parameters of work centers (speeds, feeds, basic M&G codes, etc).
- *Operate work centers to perform progressive turning, drilling and tapping machine operations, which are of average complexity to produce stated quantities of component parts.
- *Monitor ongoing operations through machine cycles, load and unload work centers as necessary on a concurrent basis.
- *Inspect parts for stated dimensions and surface imperfections.
- *Performs basic troubleshoot to identify problems affecting machining operations involving tooling, materials, work center and programs. Needs assistance from others to resolve.
- Modify cutting tools as necessary.
- * Prepare the required paperwork and place completed work in designated location.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Notify supervisory personnel of equipment and operating difficulties.
- May assist & train lower level machine positions.
* Essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 1 years CNC machining experience and/or 4 years manual machining experience.
- Proficient in the use of cutting tools and measuring instruments
- Read and understand blueprint drawings
Bimba is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of sex, age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.