Financial Planning & Accounting Analyst
Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world. Bimba is headquartered 30 miles south of Chicago, IL. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
We are looking for a world class individual for our FINANCIAL PLANNING & ACCOUNTING ANALYST position to join our team. The Financial Planning Analyst responsible for driving finance and accounting driven processes specific to the Bimba manufacturing environment, to include budgeting/planning, internal controls and ad hoc projects. Position is based in a fast-paced environment relative to constant deadlines.
- Load data into Cognos and regularly read, review and analyze for accurate reporting
- Produce and deliver financial reporting to management in line with the Bimba financial reporting/planning cycle to include monthly, quarterly, half-year, and annual requirements.
- Responsible for the consolidation of financial reporting for the Americas region.
- Budgeting and forecasting processes including development of budgeting and forecasting models.
- Provide input and assist in identifying and communicating key performance indicators and the interpretation thereof.
- Prepare detailed analysis of margins and operating expenses to drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Educate non-finance personnel regarding budgetary compliance goals & objectives.
- Assist process-driven continuous improvement efforts through established methods and approaches, such as kaizen events, root cause analysis, value-stream mapping, etc.
- Review of Capital Expenditure Proposals, insuring accurate financial analysis and adherence to capital budgets.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 15%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting/Finance from four-year College or University is required.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in financial planning and analysis or related field is required.
- Knowledge of financial practices, GAAP, and cost management.
- Knowledge of manufacturing/operations is strongly preferred.
- CPA or Master's degree is beneficial.
- Excellent and proven communication skills.
- Working well under pressure, and engaging at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with JDE, Oracle, SAP or similar ERP platform is preferred.
- Experience in Cognos financial reporting system preferred
Bimba is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of sex, age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.