Perform duties to provide design/drafting support to the Engineering Department in the development and revision of the company product lines and custom products to meet customer requirements. Position requires higher level of knowledge and design experience than a Drafter, including strong SolidWorks knowledge.
- Responsible for performing complex design assignments from rough sketches, schematics, and verbal instructions using Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment.
- Acts as liaison with other internal departments affected by design development.
- Trains, instructs, and provides technical guidance to employees within engineering.
- Requires the ability to apply advanced drafting techniques, and knowledge of practical, mechanical, and fabrication problems.
- Check & release low level orders and EC’s (special rod ends, logos, lubes, etc…)
- Assist Engineering Coordinator when workload is high or resources are low.
- Manage company web models by coordinating with external consultants and validation of work.
- Assist customer service on web and/or CAD related inquiries.
- Create and maintain ERP configurators for standard product.
- Order processing. Clarify any incomplete, conflicting, and/or inaccurate information with the appropriate person.
- Preparing assembly and detail drawings from engineer instructions or mark-ups, perform pre-approved revisions to existing product detail and assembly drawings, and perform layout drafting.
- Design of special products that are simple deviations of standard catalog options under engineering guidance/supervision.
- Utilizes knowledge and abilities to work on assignments that are non-routine in nature and where no established procedures may exist. Participates in research for material and product selection.
- Verifies completed work, checking dimensions, tolerances, assembly functionality, prepares drawings, product documentation, specifications, materials to be used, and quantities.
- Make calculations as required using charted or tabulated data.
- Prepare bill of materials for all finished goods and component parts.
- Completion of the Bimba CAD Designer Apprentice Program, or Associates’ degree with mechanical design focus and 5 years of drafting/design experience using SolidWorks; or 10 years of drafting/design work experience using SolidWorks in a manufacturing environment, with a strong design focus.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and AutoCAD a must (candidates may be required to take a drawing visualization test).
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent office computer proficiency within Word, Excel, Outlook
- Personal traits should include self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision, multi-tasker, and organized
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff and work as a team member with clients and vendors.
- Open to change; receptive to new ideas and concepts.
Bimba is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of sex, age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.