Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world. Bimba is headquartered 30 miles south of Chicago, IL. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
We are looking for a world class ASSEMBLER II to join our team. The Assembler II will perform duties to operate miscellaneous equipment and assemble a variety of customized special cylinders of above average to high complexity.
Work from work orders, listings, charts, complex blueprints and verbal instructions to:
- *Rotate between the departments, bench work centers, assembly machines (includes rolling lathes where applicable), on a regular basis to meet scheduling requirements.
- *Check item descriptions for appropriateness and overall condition of component parts prior to the assembly of various bore size product units.
- *Change over, operate and adjust equipment to perform where needed; spin riveting, assembly of piston rod components, and proper forming/sealing operations.
- *Assemble product subassemblies and complete units by aligning/mating/various component parts utilizing hand, press, and/or rolling operations.
- *Lubricate products.
- *Impart product identification on units.
- *Clean parts and assemblies as needed.
- *Inspect units for free operation and physical imperfections.
- Insert completed units into test stand fixtures (where applicable) and conduct standardized testing. Set up and use specialized testing equipment.
- Package units for free operation and physical imperfections.
- *Package units as specified.
- *Rework rejected product as specified by test results replacing indicated components.
- *Place completed work in designated location.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Supervisory personnel to troubleshoot and resolve design, equipment, and operating difficulties.
* Essential functions of the job.
- Minimum 2 years previous Bimba assembly experience
- Previous experience as an Assembler I
- Ability to read and understand complex blueprints
- Some Machining ability
Bimba is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of sex, age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.