Mead Centaur cylinders are built to match tie-rod performance, but are up to 45% less expensive and offer lubrication-free service. Centaur cylinders are not permanently crimped like most other round cylinders, so they can be disassembled for maintenance. The Centaur cylinders are available with multiple mounts.
- Teflon® piston seal eliminates forward lurch that occurs when rubber seals breakaway
- Flush bottom cylinder mounts directly onto a base plate with only two bolts
- The pivot bracket is built-in for easy pivoting at the inlet axis
- Centaur’s trunnions serve both as mounts and as assembly elements
- Rubber bumpers are built into each cylinder head to eliminate the metallic "clank"
- Self aligning rod couplers are available for alignment issues