Bimba Position Feedback cylinders with rod locks are used as a failsafe in the event of power loss. When pressure is present, the piston actuates and a dowel pin follows a cam to the open position, allowing the piston rod to travel freely through clamp. In absence of pressure, the spring actuates the piston, the dowel follows to the closed position, activating the rod clamp.
- Bore sizes: 1-1/16", 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2", 3"
- Stroke lengths available up to 24"
- Operating pressure: 50 PSI minimum (to actuate lock piston) to 125 PSI maximum
- Temperature range: -20°F to 200°F
- Expected service life: 5 million cylinder actuations/1 million lock actuations
- Rod lock holding forces range from 90 lbs to 700 lbs depending on bore size