Northeast Regional Sales Manager
All activities of the RSM are directed toward successful achievement of company-announced sales and growth goals. The position of Regional Manager is accountable for the development and growth of key customers, qualified target accounts and sales channels. The primary focus of the account development will be capturing or increasing market share, the emphases is on growth vs. maintenance. The RSM will also be responsible for the training needs of our distributors which include product, product introductions, Bimba tools and procedures. The RSM will continuously be reviewing the needs of their territory, supporting all Bimba enterprises. Identifying and interviewing potential distributor candidates is required. The Regional Manager is, in part, responsible for maintaining relationships and projecting a positive image of Bimba in the marketplace.
Organizational Relationship: The Regional Manager's position reports to the Director of Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Product Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Bimba's products and capabilities
- Demonstrates ability to interview distributors and customers to obtain pertinent application details
- Sales Performance:
- Meet and exceed sales objectives of assigned region by promoting and selling Bimba products through professional selling techniques, consultative selling, training, product service, and long-term distributor/customer relationships.
- Distributor Evaluation:
- Conduct quarterly, written evaluations “Distributor Scorecard” for each distributor’s performance with the distributor’s ownership and or Sales Management. Recommendations concerning distributor replacements should come from the Regional Manager.
- Provide semi-annual forecast by distributor on both designated “Direct Contact”, “Distributor Joint” and “Top Ten” accounts. In addition, the RSM will be responsible for the overall sales forecast including accounts outside the designated accounts above.
- Competitive Information:
- Research and report on competition, competitive issues, products, and markets for actuators and related products. (Price increases, distributor line card changes, etc.)
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years sales or related experience Motion Control/Mechatronix. Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates Microsoft Office competence
- Receives the Certified Fluid Power Pneumatic Specialist certification. Any new hire will have 6 months to successfully complete this training and certification.
- Approximately 50% travel
Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Engineer will utilize advanced, analytical tools and techniques to define, quantify, and improve product and process quality in a machine shop and assembly setting. Apply engineering / technical skills and statistical techniques to make recommendations and carry out quality improvements. Support manufacturing and new product development efforts. The focus of this position will be on continual improvement of existing processes, and supporting the efforts of the development and process validation of new processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Primary responsibility is to assist in the management of the quality management system. This includes quality system requirements including test and inspection plans and product reliability, supplier quality program, risk management and to ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2008.
- Reviews quality standards, tolerances, and engineering changes.
- Investigate, establish, and implement requirements for inspection and testing methods, techniques, equipment, and facilities.
- Monitors quality feedback data to identify opportunities for process improvements and participates in the improvement efforts.
- Assist internal audit program and conduct internal audits as needed.
- Investigate and recommend alternatives to product designs and manufacturing methods.
- Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
- Participate as a member of product planning and product implementation team.
- Participant and/or champion for Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) process.
- Work directly with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Works with manufacturing and engineering functions.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering, quality or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the quality engineering field or in a related area.
- Proficient in the use and practical application of statistical methods, problem solving.
- Strong SPC Knowledge and application experience.
- Understanding of machining and assembly processes.
- Measurement Equipment knowledge and application experience.
- ISO system knowledge and application/auditing experience.
- Experience working directly with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Strong Communication skills
Working from work orders, blueprints, charts, listings and verbal instructions, setups and operates computer numeric controlled (CNC) work centers to machine a wide variety of standard and special component parts which are utilized in the product lines of pneumatic cylinders.
- Work at primary CNC machining center on a regular basis, and cross train (completed training guide) as required to rotate between other CNC work centers on a regular basis to meet production scheduling requirements.
- Install and adjust various types of tooling and fixtures in the work centers.
- Insert computer programs and set machine feeds and speeds.
- Cut and/or position raw materials into machine center jaws and fixtures.
- Progress first piece through the initial run, analyzing and making critical adjustments to tooling, and modifying computer programs and operating parameters of work centers.
- Single block program in dry run before running in automatic.
- Perform progressive turning, drilling, milling and tapping operations, which are above average in complexity to produce stated quantities of component parts.
- Monitor ongoing operations through machine cycles, and load and unload work centers as necessary on a concurrent basis.
- Inspect parts for stated dimensions and surface imperfections.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems involving tooling, materials, programs, equipment and part specifications. Identify and recommend changes to part specifications to improve machine ability.
- Grind cutting tools as necessary.
- Prepare the required paperwork and place completed work in a designated location.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Select tooling as necessary for new jobs or sample runs.
- Modify and document program changes as requires.
- Perform SPC charting procedures as prescribed.
- Perform secondary machining operations as required, i.e. drilling, tapping, c’sink, deburring and milling.
- Minimum of two (2) years CNC machining experience.
- Previous programming/editing and set-up experience.
- Proficient in the use the cutting tools and measuring instruments.
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan. Medical plan is offered at low cost to all eligible employee-owners. We offer a wide network of providers, at approximately 80% coverage of expenses, with 100% paid after meeting plan out-of-pocket maximums. Our health insurance benefit also includes a prescription drug plan.
Choice of two dental options are offered:
Network Plan Option – Employee chooses a general dentist from a list of participating dentist.
Out of Network Plan Option – Covered services can be obtained from any licensed dentist.
Sick or Personal Days
Prorated after one year based on hire date. In subsequent years, 40 hours per year.
Nine paid holidays annually.
Family Medical Leave
Employee-owners are eligible for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave in the event of a personal or family medical emergency.
Wellness / Date of Hire
Free periodic blood pressure checkups, free annual health screens and flu shots.
Annual eye exams for employees and their families are available through VSP.
Prescription safety glasses are fully paid by the company for employees required to wear safety eyewear on the job.
Employee Assistance Program
A confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all employee-owners. This service is for employee-owners or their dependents that experience personal problems and want to meet with a professional counselor.
Flexible Spending Account
We offer two Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible dependent care or eligible healthcare expenses not paid by a healthcare plan.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
These plans replace 60% of the employee’s income if unable to work due to disability, within plan limits.
Basic Life Insurance
Employees are offered life insurance, in amounts from $25,000 to $50,000, depending on salary. This benefit is paid for by the company. Employees have the option to purchase additional insurance.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Reimburse for tuition and books for approved courses after receiving a C or better (or pass in case of pass/fail): reimbursement is 95% when grade is A, 85% when grade is B, 75% when grade is C or pass (for pass/fail).
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Participants receive annual contributions of Bimba stock ranging from 10-25% of annual earnings.
Bimba Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employee-owners and job applicants regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, race, sex, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, in accordance with federal law. We also comply with all state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at our facilities.
Bimba Manufacturing Company believes that a diverse work force is one of its greatest potential strengths. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting a full spectrum of people.
We believe that people who bring different backgrounds and points of view to our workplace serve us best in our goal of becoming the undisputed leader in our field.
Bimba will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
At Bimba, we are focused on hiring the best talent. People work hard, and are compensated accordingly. We offer competitive base pay, through pay ranges that are analyzed against the salary market annually and adjusted accordingly, to ensure that our plan reflects current pay trends. In addition to base pay, we have an annual incentive bonus program, along with awards of Bimba stock, as each person is more than just an employee, they are an owner in the company. These pay benefits, coupled with a strong benefits package, keeps us in the forefront regarding total compensation rewards.
Quality, innovation, and strong customer service are critical to our success, and those goals cannot be met without constant focus on employee development. Such initiatives as; Bimba School, which focuses on technical training, our practice of moving successful front line performers to leadership roles, cross-training, strong support of the use of our tuition reimbursement program have been hallmarks of our success.